Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Sketches That Make Me Smile

It has been a long time ago since sketching this pictue of a cafe in Venice, Italy, but everytime I see it my mind goes immediately to 2007 when my brother and I romped around that country for 17 days having a great time. I had come across this charming scene with the tables empty and prepared for the evening meal and was compelled to capture it. I am I so glad I did! I always marvel at how a personal drawing has such power to act almost like an emotional time machine. I am smiling now, as I write this post. 😊 My hope is that your sketches have that same ability for you, too!

Happy Thanksgiving!
Pat

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful sketch. That's the beauty of sketching while traveling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. I see why this resonates with you. I love the warmth you've portrayed, you can almost smell the sauces cooking on the stove in the kitchen in anticipation of the evening diners. You nailed it. Love it. Hope your Thanksgiving was wonderful. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Due to the number of spam comments, moderation has been turned on. If this is a legitimate comment, it will be allowed within 24 hours.