Friday, February 10, 2017

Making Sure I Have My Sketchbook Handy

Hi Sketchers,

My post will be a short one this month as I need to head off to the hospital in a few minutes to visit with my mother. She had hip replacement surgery and things have been a bit difficult for her, so I have been spending quite a bit of time there.

On the day of her operation, I knew it would be quite awhile in surgery and recovery, so I came prepared for the wait by bringing along my sketchbook and various pencils to keep myself occupied. I'm glad I did! Not only did it help pass the time, but it also kept any anxiety at bay by putting my mind in a relaxed state and focused on something else. It's times like these that I'm very grateful for the desire to draw. May I not forget the wonderful effects of putting pen/pencil to paper for a sketch. Peace.

The sketch you see in the surgery waiting room at Good Samaritan Hospital in Puyallup, WA.

I'm off to the hospital, now.....

Have a good night!

Pat Graham

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to the number of spam comments, moderation has been turned on. If this is a legitimate comment, it will be allowed within 24 hours.